As a new work week begins, I took my weekend to celebrate my birthday (see how I treated myself on Instagram). I would hope that you take the time to treat yourself as much as possible. Last week, I brought you the benefits in being mindful. This week I’m listing ways you can make this your daily practice.
If you’re in a situation where you feel you can’t fit in the time to be mindful, please reconsider. You’re giving back to you.
Change Is Possible
Here are some ways you can start living in a state of #mindfulness.
- For a few times a week, close your eyes, breathe and be in tuned with your physical awareness.
- Don’t look at your phone right before you go to bed. Instead read a book, meditate or have a pleasant conversation with someone.
- No phones or electronics on the dinner table. Focus on your food and the company of others.
- Step outside once everyday and take a walk. Don’t let your desk suck you in.
- Surrounded by negative people who LOVE to complain? Excuse yourself or turn the conversation around and say one positive thing.
- When you’re speaking to someone, don’t get easily distracted. Focus on their words and feelings.
- Consider others with your words. Be sure it’s kind and helpful.
- Lastly, let go, let go, let go. Easier said than done. However, when you finally let go, you free yourself and others around you.
Do you believe mindfulness can improve your daily life?